From: Sirko Molau (Sirko.Molau_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/23/1997

Hello folks,
it seems that were are just in the high season for noctilucent clouds! Despite of poor weather in most of Germany, Ralf Kuschnik reported a fine NLC display from the night of June 21/22. He observed them in Braunschweig at 10 E and 52 N.
Last night, I witnessed another bright display from Berlin (13 E, 52 N), which persisted all night long. The bright patch spread almost 40 deg in azimuth and reached a height of up to 6 deg. Juergen Rendtel from Potsdam also saw the display, and after a short telephone call we started a synchronized photographic session to obtain double-station photographs with 50 mm and 135 mm lenses. The base length between the two stations was about 30 km. I hope that the films will be available next week. Greetings, Sirko Molau