From: Veikko M{kel{ (PVTMAKELA_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/12/1996

> Another "finnish halo-joke" I heard of was the one with the "halo
> brothers" - halo observers wear sunglasses almost as often as Jake
> and Elwood in the cult movie Blues Brothers...

  It is not only that they were sun-glasses as often, but some of   us have sunglasses, which look like those Jake and Elwood   used :-)

  BTW, these 'Blues-Brothers-type' sunglasses have been very good   for atmospheric observing. These are dark enough and filtering   is about neutral.

  Another point of filtering. Finnish halo photographers have   invented a solar filter. There is a rod of 50 cm lenght. Eg.   radio antenna. Another end of the rod could fixed into the   camera and at the another end there is a piece welder's filter.   When you photograph halos, you can get a faint image of the Sun,   which can be used in measuring halos.

                                                 -VeikkoM-