From: Pekkola J Marko (JMPEKKOLA_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/10/1996

ABSTRACT About the non-Finnish hunt of elliptical halos and postscript of non-Spanish, non-plain rains and their connection to the first woman of U.S.

    Before the essentially more sexy sideline     postscript (see P.S.-part) regarding the connection      of Hillary Clinton and yesterday's
    rain in our fair capital I'd like to share     something that not so slightly unexpectedly     might really have something to do with     meteorological optics.

HUNT OF ELLIPTICAL HALOS     Two persons have felt recently that there     is something akingly supernatural in the     situation that STILL yet no other nation     than the Finnish one has come up with     photographs of vertically elliptical HALOS     (No we didn't forge them in URSA lavatory).

    If nothing else helps, then please check     more frequently (than you have used to) the     immediate surroundings of moon. A larger     procentege than average of the some 30     displays we've experienced of these
    weird ellipses have been lunar displays:     possibly just becouse the fainter
    elliptical appearances have been easier to     sight around the moon.

    As already described in old Meteoptics     by Riikonen keep an eye for patchy middle     clouds, for Altocumulus, something that     looks like Ci-Ac mixture (possibly ac virga)     and virga from altocumulus lenticularis.      Some displays have shown up in nightly     haze behind or related with stratocumulus

  • again might be virga from Sc, or then not.

    Regards, Marko

    P.S. Remember our mild climate? No monsoons,     tornadoes and such?
    Yesterday among others Hillary Clinton     was kept for 45 minutes in air while waiting     for the Helsinki-Vantaa airport to change     again to something that would look
    like an airport instead of pool. The bus that     I came home went through used-to-be-     streets, now lakes (at best over half a meter     water) with multiplicity of sunken cars.     The cause of the gorcious havoc was an     outstanding group of Cb Capillatus. A candidate     reason to have consultation with E.Roosevelt.