From: PEKKOLA J MARKO (JMPEKKOLA_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 01/02/1996

RE: STRANGE EVENT (from Burkhard Wiche)

<Some time ago, a visitor of the public observatory of Mainz, Germany,
<where I'm active, gave us a video of a strange event.
<Please look up
< http://iphcip1.physik.uni-mainz.de/~astro/html/DontKnow.html
<where You will find a foto of the event and a text with details.
<
<Can anybody explain the observation?
<I hope discussion on meteoptic will answer the question...

Nobody seems to have answered so far. Here is my guess. It might be the right solution, or then perhaps not. Please consider it anyway.

Behind the phony, strong lense reflections there are fainter, genuine cloud rays.
The observer saw the latter with naked eye and started shooting the video. Since it
was a short event and he was not accustomed to make cloud ray observations he
mixed afterwards the video-born lense reflections to the real things which had also
 been impressive (to the naked eye, on the spot) due to the exceptionally suitable dark
 background cloud.