From: RUSS SAMPSON (SAMPSONR_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 07/07/1995

Hello from Canada:

My name is Russ Sampson and I am a Ph.D. student in meteorology and an amateur sky watcher. My MSc. thesis was on the effects of atmospheric refraction on the position of sunrise and sunset, which started out as an amateur project. I have a been observing, photographing and sketching interesting atmospheric optical (and acoustical) events for about 10 years. Since I live in a high rise apartment that gives me a great view of the horizon, I have tended to concentrate on optical phenomena which occur near the horizon (the green flash, crepuscular rays, cloud maps, etc.).

I look forward to participating in your news-group.