From: Meteorological (Meteorological_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/27/1995

Observation of Noctilucent Clouds 1995

Last night (June 8/9, 1995) I observed the first Noctilucent Clouds (NLC) of the 1995 season from Potsdam, Germany (13.0 deg E, 52.4 deg N). In the evening (2055-2115 UT) is was a rather diffuse area in 5 deg elev. in the NW, just 10 deg wide. It vanished after 2115 UT. I checked again when I finished the exposure of the fireball patrol camera at 0055 UT. At this time there were several bluish bands between 5 and 10 deg in NNE direction, now 40 deg wide. Any other reports of NLC of the current season? Be alert for further displays.

Juergen Rendtel, Potsdam, Germany