From: Alister Ling (watcher_at_hidden_email_address.net)
Date: 06/24/1995

Hi gang,

Just saw a really nice NLC display. By 06UT June 24, it covered some 70 degrees of horizon, and had bright parallel bands up to 20 degrees, then fainter wisps up to about 45. About 30 minutes earlier, there was a very bright patch with intricate structure as the sky darkened. By the time I decided to go home to get my camera, it had faded and moved west. In fact, in less than 40 minutes, this patch moved from Alpha Persei to Capella!

The display continued to fade and move from North to west, opposite the motion of the Sun towards the east, under the northern horizon. By 07 UT, it was all but gone, despite a still favourable solar depression angle for this latitude.

Good luck in Europe! I'm curious to see if you will get a chance to spot it.

By the way, I'm at 53.5N / 113W: west central Canada.

Alister Ling                         email: watcher_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
13327 116 Avenue                     phone: 454-9267
Edmonton, AB, T5M 3E4