From: PVTMAKELA_at_hidden_email_address.net
Date: 03/16/1995

    WELCOME TO METEOPTIC MAILING LIST!     The mailing list for atmospheric optics have been now created     and those who have given interest on this forum have been     added into thelist. About 20 people from Finland, Germany, UK,     USA, Canada and Australia have joined METEOPTIC in the beginning.     I would encourage you to advertice the existence this list to     persons who maybe have an interest on these topics.

    IMPORTANT NOTE! If you want send messages to METEOPTIC mailing     list send them to address:

            METEOPTIC_at_FIPORT.FUNET.FI     not to the address meteoptic_at_lists.funet.fi, which was mentioned     in notice you get earlier.

    Some administrative tips to make easier to follow the discussion     on this list. Even the group of light and color enthuasists is     rather small, there are lots of different kind of topics. Some     of us are perhaps interested in only some specified topics on     atmospheric pheneomena. Keep you attention on the subject of     your message:

  1. Put some general keyword into the beginning of your message subject, eg:
       Halos: About Lowitz arcs
       Rainbows: What is the difference between fogbow and cloud bow?
       General: Literature recommedations

       etc. etc.

    2) Keep the subject as informative as possible. Change it if the
       topic changes during discussion.

    These are, of course, just recommedations.

    To get this forum working, please be active. I and some my     collegues have promised to write some short articles and message     to start discussion.

                                               regards,

                                               Veikko Makela,
                                               METEOPTIC admistrator